Need to patch inews/rnews so it will watch for inode underflow

Steve Rudek stever at tree.UUCP
Wed Feb 22 15:03:40 AEST 1989

In article <5124 at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us>, zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
> If you are running out of inodes, you should mkfs with more or, if it's
> the inode bug, fix it.  But this script will help.
Thank you for the script.  Thanks even more for the tip on using mkfs to
increase the inode count.  Can anyone give me specific instructions on how
to do this?  As usual, the man entry assumes you don't really need a man
entry.  It says the syntax is "/etc/mkfs special blocks[:i-nodes]"; the
body of the man entry assumes you are Dennis Ritchie's little brother.

I'm running Microport System V/AT 2.4.  Do I need to reinstall the system
to increase the inode count on /usr?  How do I do this?  I don't recall that
the "installit" script which Microport supplies gives you a chance to adjust
the number of inodes--only the distribution of blocks.  Can I do this
directly with mkfs?