writing a big file

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Feb 15 02:38:24 AEST 1989

In article <13976 at bellcore.bellcore.com> tr at ctt.bellcore.com (tom reingold) writes:
| How can I write a file that won't fit on a tape?  I don't want to use
| dump.  I want to be prompted to change tapes in the drive when the
| tapes run out of space.

  I wrote a program called 'bundle' which was posted on either unix or
misc sources about a year ago. It does buffering and handles out of
space on the output media. It includes an input package 'unbundle' to
read multiple media and send their contents to stdout, which you then
pipe into your restore program.

  Drop me a line if you can't find the archive...
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)