My rwhod don't

Renegade@ex2564 israel at qantel.UUCP
Sat Feb 11 07:46:40 AEST 1989

   OK, we've got two Vax 11/750's running BSD4.2, and one uVAX running
BSD4.3. All three are hooked up to an ethernet. They can all talk to
each other using telnet, ftp, rlogin, rsh, rcp. However, only the
uVAX rwhod daemon is generating the needed status files for the
rwho and ruptime commands, and only for that machine. Status for the
two 11/750's is not included in the uVAX listing, and no listing at
all is produced for these commands on the 11/750's. In fact, rwhod on
the 11/750's produces no status files at all in /usr/spool/rwho,
even for themselves. The rwhod daemon is definitely being invoked
at boot time, and the ps command reports that it's running.

   If anybody can give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong, won't
you please, please help me, Help Me, HELP MMMMMEEEEEEEEE! OOOOOOOOOOO