trouble installing SCO 386 (2.3) - boot0: error 80

Nick Pemberton nick at aimed.UUCP
Thu Feb 16 14:30:06 AEST 1989

In article <8912 at alice.UUCP>, debra at alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra) writes:
> In article <204 at aimed.UUCP> nick at aimed.UUCP (Nick Pemberton) writes:
[ stuff deleted - verbiage don't ya know ]

> not support drives with more than 1024 cylinders.
> Although Xenix doesn't care if you use the whole drive for xenix the
> bios boot-routine may care. It may choke if it notices you are trying to
> boot from a drive with more than 1024 cyls.
> What drive-type did you specify? It doesn't matter to Xenix in case you
> keep the whole drive for Xenix, so you may want to pretend you have a smaller
> disk in the cmos-setup memory.

I'm using drive type 10, as suggested by Priam. It doesn't seem to matter what
CMOS says, though - I've tried about 6 different types, same result.

Nick
--

Nick Pemberton                   UUCP: !{utzoo,utai}!lsuc!aimed!nick
AIM, Inc                          Bus: (416) 429-4913