Is SVR2 /bin/sh backwards compatible to v7?

Unix Consultation Mailbox consult at osiris.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 02:07:27 AEST 1989

In article <961 at auspex.UUCP> guy at auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:
>Had [BSD `test'] used
>"access", it would have reported that they're writable if the effective
>UID had write permission, as per the 4.3BSD ACCESS(2)

My BSD (4.2, via Pyramid OSx 4.0) access uses only real uid, not effective
uid.  Has this really changed in 4.3?

                                                                 Phil Kos
                                                      Information Systems
...!uunet!pyrdc!osiris!phil                    The Johns Hopkins Hospital
                                                            Baltimore, MD