Terminals are ridiculously insecure

John Chambers jc at minya.UUCP
Mon Jan 23 10:11:36 AEST 1989

> >I should think that a terminal with nobody logged on should be readable
> >and writable by nobody, i.e., mode 000. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
>
> That's certainly one approach that addresses the REAL security hole.

Yeah, and it prevents uucico from initiating a call on that port.  That
would certainly improve a lot of systems' security.

--
John Chambers <{adelie,ima,mit-eddie}!minya!{jc,root}> (617/484-6393)

[Any errors in the above are due to failures in the logic of the keyboard,
not in the fingers that did the typing.]