Using the uucp daemon (TCP/IP) on System V.3 with TCP/IP

Jos Vos jos at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl
Thu Jul 6 16:28:41 AEST 1989

Does anybody use the BSD4.3 uucpd daemon on System V.3 systems with some
TCP/IP implementation with sockets (I use Wollongong's implementation) ?

I want to use it for running UUCP (for upwards compatibility) over a
wide-area company TCP/IP network, where remote login can't be done
for security reasons.

Please mail/post experiences with:

-  The porting problems (if any) with uucpd from BDS4.3.

-  The porting problems with AT&T's V.3 uucico (I know the TCP/IP socket
   support is in the code between BSD?? #ifdef's).

-  Any other problem I overlooked...

Patches are of course appreciated :-)

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos at idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######