comp.unix.wizards vs. UNIX-WIZARDS (was Re: csh problem ...)

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Tue Jul 18 05:07:30 AEST 1989

>Might I make a request. Would people who post news *AND* send mail please
>*SAY SO*?

I suspect RBJ gets this stuff as part of the "unix-wizards" mailing
list, rather than in the "comp.unix.wizards" newsgroup.  As such, his
replies presumably go out as mail.

I think the trick here is that anybody who does read it as a mailing
list should send "followup" replies only to the list, unless the person
specifically says "I don't read this mailing list/newsgroup" or
somesuch.  I, at least, can put up with the reply being delayed a few
days as a result of it passing through the mailing list exploders and
mail<->news gateway; the extra copy in my mailbox doesn't do anything
for me.