Help in xfering mail between SunOS and CTIX

Bruce Walker bmw at isgtec.UUCP
Sat Jul 8 02:05:06 AEST 1989

I have two "universes" that I am trying to connect mail between,
SunOS 4 and CTIX 5.25 (Convergent Technologies SysVR3).

The universes are connected via ether, with the minimal ftp-style
suite: ftp, rcp, rsh, etc.

But how do I get mail between them?

o  SunOS has sendmail (with SMTP over TCP), CTIX does not.
o  CTIX has uucpd (uucp over TCP), SunOS does not.

As I see it, I can either get sendmail source and munge it to
run under SysV (gack!) or, write an SMTP daemon for SysV, or
else get (somehow) a uucpd daemon for SunOS.

Before I go off the deep-end, any suggestions? sources? sympathy?

Thanks!

--
Bruce Walker                   ...uunet!mnetor!lsuc!isgtec!mutant!bmw
                                      ...utzoo!lsuc!isgtec!mutant!bmw