9-track tape info (summary)

Griff Smith ggs at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com
Sun Jul 30 02:46:53 AEST 1989

In article <43486 at bbn.COM>, rwillis at bbn.com (Robert Willis) writes:

> I previously asked for information about reading and writing 9-track tapes
> in various formats.  Here is a summary of the information which I received.
> 3)  Other relevant software:

A package called tape-tools that is in the AT&T tool chest.  An EBCDIC
to ASCII translator knows about most IBM tape formats.  There is also a
program generator that can build custom programs for translating data
that is in EBCDIC, binary, floating point and packed decimal.
--
Griff Smith	AT&T (Bell Laboratories), Murray Hill
Phone:		1-201-582-7736
Internet:	ggs at ulysses.att.com