Need to read 9-track tapes

Robert Willis rwillis at bbn.com
Tue Jul 25 07:21:21 AEST 1989

I need to be able to read and write 9-track magnetic tape (1600 & 6250 bpi)
on SUN 3 and SUN 4 class machines running SUN OS 4.x.  Some of the tapes
are in IBM Interchange format, others are in other vendor-specific formats.
Are there any utilities provided on the SUN distribution tape that will
accomplish this task?  Are there any public-domain utilities available?
Can I buy any commercial packages?  Suggestions and recommendations are
welcome!

Also, what hardware is available for the task?  Any recommendations?

I try to follow all of the news groups to which this message has been
posted.  However, personal replies sent to "rwillis at bbn.com" will
ensure that I don't miss your advice!

Thanks in advance,
Bob