Wanted: program(s) to check user passwords

andre andre at targon.UUCP
Thu Jul 13 21:04:04 AEST 1989

Dear wizards,

I am one of three system administrators on this site (targon) and we
are going to put our machine in a (small) local network. I think now
is the time to check the passwords of our users on fidelity. I was thinking
about running a program each night checking passwords on the system
(by guessing or something like that) and warning users who choose to
simple passwords.

If there are programs out there that could help us out on this and if you
are willing to mail me the source, please mail me at andre at targon and I
will reply as root to show you that I am really a system administator
here. (the reason I don't post this as root is that root's mail is
send on to more than one person here).

	Thanks in Advance, Andre

    \---|    AAA         DDDD  It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase.
     \  |   AA AAvv   vvDD  DD        Ketchup is a vegetable.
  /\  \ |  AAAAAAAvv vvDD  DD                    {nixbur|nixtor}!adalen.via
_/__\__\| AAA   AAAvvvDDDDDD    Andre van Dalen, uunet!hp4nl!targon!andre