HELP!!!--UNIX file locking.

Tait Kirkham tait at maui.UUCP
Thu Jul 13 09:32:28 AEST 1989

I have a problem which I cannot solve.  I am trying to determine when/if
a file is opened by another process.  I have no control over the other
process so I can't use "lockf".  I cannot find any way to do this
other than getting the inode number and then looking for that number
in a "pstat -i" listing.  My problem with this (besides the obvious)
is that it won't work over NFS.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
I really need a solution which is system independant.  Is this possible?
I am currently using Sun 4.0.1 and Xenix.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Tait Kirkham

--
{pyramid,sun,ames}!versatc!tait     Tait Kirkham
Versatec, 2805 Bowers Avenue, Santa Clara, Ca. 95051 (408)988-2800x5070