ftruncate(2) for System V.3.2 needed

Jos Vos jos at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl
Sat Jul 8 00:07:29 AEST 1989

I need the ftruncate(2) function from BSD4.3 UNIX on System V.3.2.
For non-BSD-manual-owners, here's the description of ftruncate(2):

*	ftruncate (fd, length)
*	int fd;
*	long length;
*
*   Ftruncate causes the file referenced by fd (a file descriptor of an
*   file open for writing) to be truncated to at most length bytes in size.
*   If the file previously was larger than the size, the extra data is lost.

Hint: I do *not* know the filename of the open file, of course :-)

Because I don't even know if there exists a solution, also a *proof* :-)
that no solution exists will be very helpfull to me (than I can start
rewriting the code around ftruncate() in my application :-( ).

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos at idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######