RCS

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Fri Mar 31 01:37:06 AEST 1989

In article <6389 at bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>Yes, there is.  Suppose you check out all files and compile.  Now you
>change your mind and check out an earlier revision of one of the source
>files and type "make" again.

OK, I see.  I admit that the obvious (and nearly transparent) solution
of keeping all the sources checked out (read only) is correct.  In
addition to these two responses, a more clued-in person here tipped
me off to the scene.

On the subject of RCS: I saw, in a message from some archive somewhere,
mention of some sort of registration that should be carried out with the
creator of the RCS system.  I can't find any mention of this in the sources
I have (which I think came from the usenet archive).

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.