Using sigvec & sigcontext

David Dymm dymm at b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
Tue Mar 21 01:47:13 AEST 1989

A quick question concerning "sigvec".

The UNIX manual shows the user's interrupt handler as:

    handler (sig, code, scp)

	int sig, code;
	struct sigcontext *scp;

According to the manual:

"Scp is a pointer to the sigcontext structure used to restore
the context from before the signal."

So how do I use "scp"???

Can I use it to explicitly restore the context to return where I
was before the signal?
If so, then I should be able to store it somewhere for later use,
then use it at some time in the future to go back to where I was
before the signal occurred.  Does this make sense?

David Dymm			Software Engineer

USMAIL: Bell Atlantic Knowledge Systems,
        145 Fayette Street, Morgantown, WV 26505
PHONE:	304 291-9898 (8:30-4:30 EST)
USENET:  {allegra,bellcore, cadre,idis,psuvax1}!pitt!wvucsb!dymm
INTERNET: dymm at b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu