Problems using ACC ACP5250 under 4.3-tahoe

Patrick Barron pdb at sei.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 30 09:16:31 AEST 1989

Has anyone successfully gotten ACC's ACP5250 driver working under
4.3-tahoe?  I'm having a problem in which the kernel panics when
turning the ACP5250 board on (using acpconfig); the proximate cause
of the crashes is that, when the driver is trying to write to Unibus
map registers (or what passes for such on a Q-bus...), the pointer
it's using contains garbage, and it goes off and tries to poke at
non-existent memory.  This very same driver works just fine under
Wisconsin 4.3BSD+NFS - did something change in the way I/O mapping
is handled in the kernel?

ACC *is* working on the problem, but I was just curious to know if
anyone had seen it before.  The sooner I can get this fixed, the
better....

--Pat.