Big Fun cu'ing to a Sun from a 3b

Michael C. De Masi smacmcd at titanic.UUCP
Tue Mar 21 10:05:59 AEST 1989

Hi again,

The title and keywords pretty much say it.  We have a 3b2/600
here which I tend to logon to as a central communications point.
I then bring up layers, and use 'cu' to logon to other machines
as necessary.  This works fine until I try to bring up a session
on the Sun server.  Everything seems to work fine, until I try
to do something full screen, or which tranmits a lot of data at
once.  When this happens, big chunks of data somehow get lost in
the transmission.

The funny thing is that this only happens with the Sun.  If I go
3b to 3b, it works fine.  I'm also using the same hardware to get
to the Sun as I do the 3b (ISN) so I doubt that that's the problem.
Looks like flow control, but the 'stty' options look about the same.

Any ideas?
MikeD

PS  The SysV version of 'vi' looks for environment variables 'LINES'
and 'COLUMNS' as possible overrides for default screen size.  This
doesn't seem to work on the Sun version.  Is there an analogue for
Sun's 'vi'?  I know I could edit '.exrc' but that would be extremely
cumbersome given my setup.