application level versions of lockf and flock

Tim Lynch lynch at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Sat Mar 25 00:24:54 AEST 1989

Are there public domain versions of the routines that perform the functions
of lockf anf flock?  I realize that both lockf and flock are kernel
routines;  I'm not looking to rebuild my kernel.  I am looking to build
some applications that require the functionality provided by lockf
and flock and it should be possible (according to some, Mark Rochkind
among them, even preferrable) to build this functionality into the
application itself.  Surely someone has done this in some PD
dbms system, for example.  I hate to re-invent the wheel, and I sure
that the code is not trivial.

Any leads would be most appreciated!

Tim Lynch            lynch at chemres.tn.cornell.edu