tty interrupts

Dave Talton talton at grasp.cis.upenn.edu
Sat Mar 18 01:32:51 AEST 1989

I've have this problem.   I'm trying to enable terminal interrupt
generation from a tty line other than the login terminal under SysV.
To do this requires more than just the toggling the ISIG bit
of the c_lfag field of termio structure.   The driver associated
with the tty must also know  about process group of the process
that interrupts are being enable on.

  Under BSD 4.2 one does this using the ioctl call

    pgrp = getpgrp();
    ioctl(fd, TIOCSPGRP, &pgrp);

However, I can not find an equivalent under SysV.  Through an equivalent
should exist since either the processes 'init' or 'getty' must preform
the initial setting of the process group for the login tty so that
interrupts are enabled.  My question to those of you out there
is how do you go about setting the process group for a tty or more generally
how does one go about enable interrupts from a tty other than the
login "control" tty.

				Eddie Wyatt

Please reply directly to this account since  I do not have the opportunity
to read this news group on a regular basis.