Debugging multi-process application

Dave Hiebeler hiebeler at rpics
Sun Mar 5 14:24:44 AEST 1989

In article <43200068 at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu> kai at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes:

>Sequent's "pdbx" (parallel dbx) can be used from within their SVAE (System V
>Application Environment) as well as the regular BSD environment to debug
>multiprocess applications.

  We have a Sequent Balance 21000 here at RPI, and I must say
that one of the system's finer points is the "pdbx" debugger.
It's _very_ handy for debugging applications that fork, etc.
  I often wish dbx could handle that too, as I often want to
debug multi-process stuff on Suns.  If the program is portable
enough,
 sometimes I just send it over to the Sequent to debug, but in
many cases, that is just too inconvenient, or impossible (i.e.
the program uses Sun graphics, etc).

----
Dave Hiebeler      Internet: hiebeler at cs.rpi.edu  (preferred address)
R.D. Box 225A                hiebeler%cs.rpi.edu at itsgw.rpi.edu
Chatham, NY 12037    Bitnet: userfrzk at rpitsmts.bitnet
  "xue zai xao"     "Off we go, into the wilds you ponder..."