suntools and file descriptors

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Sat Mar 25 21:44:53 AEST 1989

>My question is, if an application running in these windows closes these
>descriptors, will it have any ill effect?

If by "running in these windows" you mean "running in the terminal
emulator in that window", you can close them and nothing evil will
happen.  SunView is obnoxiously sloppy about closing descriptors before
running the shell in a tty or command subwindow, although it's not quite
as obnoxious as the text/command subwindow's habit of not removing its
temporary files when it exits.