Strange Hardware request: X-ray print digitizers

Chuck Karish karish at forel.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 6 04:12:28 AEST 1989

In article <9898 at cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> uhley at tybalt.caltech.edu
(John Uhley) wrote:

>Does anyone know of a box which will take an X-ray print (the kind you
>get when you break a bone) and digitize it?

I worked on such a device a few years ago.  We used an Eikonix Image
Digitizer to digitize autoradiographs, 512 by 512 by 8 bits deep.
This device uses a 512-element linear CCD array that steps mechanically
across the projected image.  We had a fancy light source set up
to illuminate transparencies.

A friend digitizes microscope images from a video signal.  He can
digitize movies in real time, until he runs out of memory to store
the images.  Only five or six bits deep, though.

	Chuck Karish	karish at denali.stanford.edu
			hplabs!hpda!mindcrf!karish