GNU g++ installation

Olafur Thorsteinsson thors at umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU
Wed Mar 8 03:10:27 AEST 1989

Help!!  I am attempting to install GNU g++ on a Sequent Symmetry S-27.
Has anybody out there done this successfully.  I had to given up on
version 1.31, (possibly because of my own mistakes... hmm, is that
possible?) and gotet a hold of version 1.34.  long way into the
compilation, make aborted because it was unable to locate "caller-save.c".
The documentation mentioned, running make maketest on a destination
directory.  Well, make didn't want to work when I was located in another
directory.  The docs. also mentioned using config.g++ with my machine name
as an argument.  surprizingly, g++ was not included in the distribution, so I
used config.gcc with some degree of success.  What am I missing?  Am I going of
on a tangent?
Any help or suggestions from you people experienced in doing things like
this will be greatly appreciated and sorely needed.

Many thanks.

    __  ______                       _____
    \/ /      \   /\      /\        /     \    /
      /       /  / /     / /        \_____/__ /______
     /       /  / / _   / /       __     /   /_   _     __
                ______/_/ thors at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
                \    /    'Olafur Thorsteinsson,
                 \  /     Computer Science Department,
                  \/      University of Minnesota,