Wanted: POSIX and ANSI C, details and libraries

Nick Maclaren nmm at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 05:31:40 AEST 1989

The people to contact about both POSIX and ANSI C in this country are
the BSI.  There is likely to be another ISO Draft Proposal on ANSI C,
with a corresponding BSI DP, and that is a good opportunity to get a
copy of the current draft.  POSIX I am less in touch with.  I am not sure
of the best address to contact in the BSI, and it is a somewhat rambling
organisation (several locations in London, Milton Keynes etc.)  Try
chasing up via one of the London locations.

WARNING:  do NOT rely on the second edition of K&R.  They 'jumped the
gun' and predicted the future wrong; I believe that they are working on
a corrected second edition.  I would also suggest working from the real
standard, unless K&R second edition is considerably more thorough than
the first edition.

Nick Maclaren
University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory
nmm at uk.ac.cam.cl