LC MARC FORMAT-UNLABELLED

Brian Hurley bldrnr at apple.com
Sat Mar 11 08:53:24 AEST 1989

A co-worker in our group recently received a set of 9-track tapes
containing a selection databse of a public library.  The shipping
information describes the tapes as follows:

ASCII  1600-BPI
LC MARC FORMAT-UNLABELLED

Does anyone out there recognize this format?  I can read the tapes, but
the data are either compressed or encoded in a format that standard UNIX
tools (compress, pack, etc.) do not recognize.

Is anyone out there familar with this format?   Are sources avalible?  The
company that made the tapes has not been helpful thus far;  anyone who
might know has been, "Unavalible."

   Thanx in advance,

    Brian

Brian Hurley   bldrnr at apple.com
"There is no dark side of the moon, really.  As a matter of fact, its all
dark."
                - Pink Floyd [Dark Side of the Moon]"