is this wise?

dpaulso at relay.nswc.navy.mil dpaulso at relay.nswc.navy.mil
Wed May 10 23:29:31 AEST 1989

In article <54270 at uunet.UU.NET> rick at uunet.UU.NET (Rick Adams) writes:
>> How far does plan 9 take the clock as a file analogy? Do they
>> reset the clock if root does a seek on it?

Then Roy Smith responds:
>	Seems to me that you should have to do a write to reset the clock.

yes.

>Doing a seek should just change your time zone.

nope.  seeking on the clock device would put you either into the past
or into the future, depending on the sign of the offset.

of course, only root would have permission to seek past EOF, which
would be a boon for those of us whose states have lotteries.

---
Dave Paulson	dpaulso at relay.nswc.navy.mil	(703)663-2137
"I've upped my standards; now up yours" -- Pat Paulsen