system() --- the C function from hell?

Kyle Grieser yuf at mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Mon May 1 09:12:32 AEST 1989

In article <1827 at uop.edu> jeff at uop.edu (Jeff Ferguson) writes:

>OK, people, for $200 and the chance at the Chevy Sprint Turbo --- my
>question is this: what is happenning here an how can it be fixed?  I

	Well, from what you have posted it is hard to tell if it is your
fault or not.  What is "str" declared as.  If it is declared as a "char *"
before the integers, and you don't allocate space for it then the
sprintf might just be writing all over the integers.  But, like I said, without
a bit more information it is hard to tell if it is your fault or system()'s.

-----
Kyle Grieser, Purdue University Computing Center
mentor.cc.purdue.edu!yuf, yuf at mentor.cc.purdue.edu