A Challenge to Sed Adepts

Bevis Ip ip at me.utoronto.ca
Mon May 29 06:03:00 AEST 1989

This is the first time I post flame in the past few years, but I just can't
resist this anymore.  There is no point in this exercise at all; I think
people should try to resist their urge to do such nonsense--well, at least
the poster admitted himself that it's a waste of time.  I wouldn't blame him
on wasting bandwidth because bandwidth has been wasted one way or another
anyway.

I appreciate intelligent questions and answers, but not nonsense that people
thought up like the one posted, awk is a better tool for this application,
for example.  Probably it's the format of the posting that upset me, I will
definitly not be flaming if it's been posted like "I have to do this in sed
because of whatsoever ...".  If the poster is trying to bring out a
discussion on sed through the posting, I think there's a better way to
present it.

Thank you for bearing with me.

bevis
Bevis Ip                <>  ip at me.utoronto.ca, ip at me.toronto.edu
University of Toronto   <>  {pyramid,uunet}!utai!me!ip
Mechanical Engineering  <>  {allegra,decwrl}!utcsri!me!ip