What \"isatty\"?

Root Boy Jim rbj at dsys.icst.nbs.gov
Fri May 26 02:29:49 AEST 1989

? From: Chris Torek <chris at mimsy.uucp>

? In article <2421 at Portia.Stanford.EDU> joe at hanauma (Joe Dellinger) writes:
? >	I have a graphics driver program which has 2 basic behaviours.
? >If you do
? >	pspen < plot.data > file
? >it writes postscript code to "file". If you do
? >	pspen < plot.data
? >it spools the postscript for you.

? Yuck.

? Programs that produce output should produce the output to stdout.

I agree completely, Chris. Now get cracking on `cc', so that
`cc prog.c' writes to stdout instead of `a.out' :-)

? In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 7163)
? Domain:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris

	Root Boy Jim is what I am
	Are you what you are or what?