What kinds of things would you want in the GNU OS?

dave l smythe dsmythe at cup.portal.com
Mon May 29 18:05:26 AEST 1989

I would epect that RMS would have little interest in security (at best
I expect that he would want it to be easily left out -- the server idea
would be helpful in that regard.) I say this because I seem to remember
him saying something of the sort (perhaps in a GNU bulletin?)

As for features/incompatibility, why not ask a few people that HATE UNIX
why they hate it?  (don't look at me!)  That might prompt some discussion
that wouldn't necessarily occur otherwise.

Personal items (I'm not an OS guru):
  the fair-share scheduler might be useful, (only if used as a multi-user
       OS (?))
  fast task-switches
  support for real-time