gnucc and signal 6

Wm. Brian McCane news at brian386.UUCP
Sat May 6 13:10:03 AEST 1989

In article <433 at brian386.UUCP> news at brian386.UUCP (Wm. Brian McCane) writes:
>...  While compiling a program recently posted on
>the net, with GNU CC, I got:
>
>gnucc: Program cc1 got fatal signal 6.
>
>I looked this up in the SDS manual, and it says that signal 6 is SIGIOT,
>
>SIGIOT	06	IOT instruction
>
>Anyway, what is an IOT instruction and why would I be
>getting one during a compile.
>
>My system is MicroPort V386r3.0e.

A new twist on the same theme.  I have discovered that when I am
compiling, I only get the problem with the '-g' option, if I compile
with no options or with -O, it works just fine.  Of course this isn't
too helpful when your debugging a program.  The command I am using is:

	gnucc -DUSG -g -c file.c

I am also using GNU MAKE 3.47, and am not using the GNU assembler.

	thx in advantz
	brian

--
Wm. Brian McCane                    | Life is full of doors that won't open
                                    | when you knock, equally spaced amid
Disclaimer: I don't think they even | those that open when you don't want
            admit I work here.      | them to. - Roger Zelazny "Blood of Amber"