"usleep" routine in HP's

Ademola Taiwo adtaiwo at athena.mit.edu
Tue May 9 11:49:01 AEST 1989

In article <17374 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>>In article <17358 at mimsy.UUCP> I wrote:
>>>you cannot implement sighold, sigpause, and sigrelse reliably.
>>>You cannot reliably implement select with anything other than poll().
>The key word is *reliable*; that was the whole point of the 4.1BSD
>jobs library, and later the 4.2BSD reliable signals.
>In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 7163)

Okay, you guys are right. What to do? I need these routines
desperately and since I have been fooling around with
my kernel and I am willing to add more stuff to it if this is the only
way to implement them reliably.
Maybe the quetion is, Is there a way to implememnt these routines
under xenix? I really need them. -Thanks.