Bugs in the AT&T Toolchest program 'nmake'

Dan Kozak dbk at mimsy.UUCP
Tue May 23 04:27:55 AEST 1989

In article <1981 at yunexus.UUCP> davecb at yunexus.UUCP (David Collier-Brown) writes:
>  --dave (dates are part of an open system, and are "Gnu"ish,
>	  states are formally more complete, and are "lab"ish.
>	  anybody got a **good* solution?) c-b

This may only show my naivete, but has anyone implemented a make that
uses the actual contents (i.e. a CRC or other checkvalue) to compute
whether something should be re-made?  In fact, you could first send
the file thru one of the many "de-commenting" programs that were
floating around comp.lang.c a few months ago, if you didn't want a
file recompiled when you just changed the comments. (and some people
thought those programs were useless :-)

#dan

dbk at mimsy.umd.edu
uunet!mimsy!dbk