How to read a VMS copytape tape ???

Tom Greenway greenway at edstip.EDS.COM
Wed May 10 04:22:51 AEST 1989

I have a tape written by a VAX/VMS machine using copytape
and I want to copy it on to a Unix machine. I have tried
using dd and can get some header information off, but get
i/o errors on the rest of the tape . I noticed there is stuff
out there for reading vms backup tapes, but i think this
is different. ANY IDEAS ???

--
 Tom Greenway		    | UUCP:  ...!uunet!edsews!edstip!greenway
 Electronic Data Systems    |        greenway at edstip.EDS.COM