'nmake' manual pages

Paul Hudson paul at moncam.co.uk
Thu May 25 23:55:27 AEST 1989

In article <11570 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com>, ekrell at hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:

> Remember, Toolchest programs are totally unsupported. You're expecting
> too much from something that didn't promise anything.
but that I paid good money for. No wonder legally required software
guarantees are called for, when this kind of thing happens.

Well that finally decides it. nmake may be the best thing since sliced
bread but I will *never* rely on a devleopment tool that comes with no
support, and which I can't support myself. I have enough trouble with
my own bugs without other peoples bugs irremovably intruding.

How a company can get away with charging for a software product they
won't support, (even to those prepared to pay for it?), is astounding.

It's just another reason to support the FSF.

Paul Hudson	 MAIL: Monotype ADG, Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 4FQ, UK.
		PHONE: +44 (223) 420018	  EMAIL: paul at moncam.co.uk,
	;"	  FAX: +44 (223) 420911		 ...!ukc!acorn!moncam!paul
 `"";";"        "/dev/null full: please empty the bit bucket"