Ugly file name

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.ORG
Tue May 23 09:20:38 AEST 1989

As quoted from <9000 at csli.Stanford.EDU> by gandalf at csli.Stanford.EDU (Juergen Wagner):
+---------------
+---------------

That we do.

+---------------
| 		/bin/rm './FILE'
+---------------

Thank you.  I was wondering how many times I'd have to read putative "wizards"
suggesting the nonexistent-filename kluge.  Did I fall into a net.warp into
comp.unix.questions?

+---------------
| 	characters can be typed by using ^V to prevent interpretation.
| 	(^V is the lnext character, it can be set with stty). Note that
+---------------

He directs followups to comp.unix.xenix, then pulls this boner.

REALITY CHECK FOR ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN "There Is No Unix But Unix And
Berkeley Is Its Prophet":  XENIX IS BASED ON AT&T SYSTEM III/V!

There IS no "lnext" character.  Just type the control character.  It won't
show up on your terminal, but it'll be there.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery at ncoast.org
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
      Send comp.sources.misc submissions to comp-sources-misc@<backbone>
NCoast Public Access UN*X - (216) 781-6201, 300/1200/2400 baud, login: makeuser