Ugly file name

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Tue May 16 01:14:31 AEST 1989

In article <17509 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>Only if you are dealing with a broken SysV echo (echo should *not* do
>escape interpretation, and even `echo -n' is iffy . . .

Gee, I hadn't thought about this.  My echo has a "-v" switch that
puts a \n between each argument instead of a space (so it's easy to
tell how arguments are broken up by shells and things).  I guess the
point Chris raises is that echo should be a thing that prints all
arguments no matter what.  Good idea.  I'll change mine and find
printf.

Live and learn.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.