Ugly file name

Adri Verhoef ccea3 at rivm.UUCP
Fri May 19 19:46:08 AEST 1989

>1. I use "ls -i" to obtain the i-number of the ugly file
>2. Then I use "find" to remove the file:
>   % find . -inum 12345 -exec rm {} \;

If your terminal gets stuck (or bananas) when listing the directory
containing the offending filename (so "rm -i" gets you stuck, too),
You might want to try:
1. od -c directoryname_containing_offending_entry
2. rm -f ./"`echo 'offending_filename_in_octal_codes'`"

Provided your echo echoes e.g. '\0321' as the corresponding value of the
octal char \121 (i.e. 'Q') with its high order bit set.