terminal connections to multiport boards at 19.2Kb

Mark Levy mhlevy at sbee.sunysb.edu
Wed May 3 05:35:01 AEST 1989

   When I try to use terminals connected to a computone board at 19.2Kb,
they just won't work.  I use a correct entry in /etc/ttys and /etc/ttytypes.
I disable and then re-enable the port.  It doesn't want to work.  Could it
be my cable? My boss is a messy-dos salesman ( he refuses to believe that
some hardware refuses to work with XENIX.  He also thinks that VP/ix was
developed to be a multiuser dos system, but that's another story.) and insists
on the cheapest hardware.  The cable is only 3 conductor.  Could that be the
problem?  The board should be able to handle 19.2.

Thank you in advance,
Mark

--
~~~~~~~~~  Disclaimer???   We don't need no stinkin' disclaimer!!!  ~~~~~~
Mark Levy { mhlevy at sbccvm.BITNET   } 	% Debbie Gibson is pregnant,  with