Bugs in the AT&T Toolchest program 'nmake'

Snoopy snoopy at sopwith.UUCP
Tue May 30 03:14:11 AEST 1989

In article <11562 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ekrell at hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:

| That particular version of nmake being distributed by the Toolchest
| might be buggy, but newer versions are not.

If it is not available to persons outside of AT&T, then it might as well
not exist at all, as far as they are concerned.

| But can gnu-make prevent you from running simultaneous yacc jobs
| on the same directory? This wouldn't work as yacc uses a fixed file
| name (y.tab.c) which would be overwritten by the multiple yacc's
| (yes, nmake does know about yacc and other tools which can't be run
| in parallel).

Sounds like a bug in yacc to me.  Why not fix yacc to use a unique filename?

  /_______\   qiclab!sopwith!snoopy			|  	  |
    |___|     parsely!sopwith!snoopy			| tekecs  |
    |___|     sun!nosun!illian!sopwith!snoopy		|_________|