How can a file be truncated on System V??

Wm. E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed May 3 03:56:24 AEST 1989

  There was a method in wizards a few years ago I believe. It had to do
with using O_TRUNC, which seems to truncate to the position of the
current file pointer. There was a trick with reopen or dup or ??? which
allowed opening of an already open file. Does this jog anyone's memory?

  I think the question at that time was "how do I do ftruncate?"
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at crd.GE.COM)