running out of inodes?

Mike Hoffman mhoffman at infocenter.UUCP
Thu May 25 04:56:42 AEST 1989

in article <68000002 at sts>, roy at sts.sts.UUCP says:
> How does one go about figuring how many inodes a filesystem has?
>                          .
>                          .
> In case anyone wants to know, the problem did turn out to be an
> n/troff problem.

If you've already found this out, I apologize for posting it; but
your article didn't indicate whether you'd actually found how to
get inode counts:

df(1)                                                       df(1)

NAME

     df - report number of free disk blocks

SYNTAX

     df [-i] [filesystem ...] [file ...]

OPTIONS

     -i      reports the number of used and free inodes.
                               .
                               .
                               .
MHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMH
Michael J. Hoffman                                    Voice: (407)255-8116
Manufacturing Engineering                               FAX: (407)255-8186
Encore Computer Corporation                           Email: mhoffman
                                                     USnail: 100 N. Babcock St.
UUCP: {uunet,codas!novavax,sun,pur-ee}!gould!mhoffman        Melbourne, Fl 32935
	"Curiouser and Curiouser" -- Alice