FCC authorising charges for modem lines Re: FCC doing it again...

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Nov 29 07:13:59 AEST 1989

Yes, modems use more bandwidth than voice. But they really contain less
data than voice (which is sampled at 56 or 64 Kbps).

If they'd run a 56 Kbit data line to me, instead of expecting me to
modulate my 2400 Kbit data stream into tones, which are then converted
into a 56 Kbit data stream, I'd be much happier. And they'd be much happier,
because it'd be less expensive than voice.

ISDN: I Still Don't Know.
--
`-_-' Peter da Silva <peter at ficc.uu.net> <peter at sugar.lonestar.org>.
 'U`  --------------  +1 713 274 5180.