uucp over terminal server

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.umd.edu
Mon Nov 20 07:35:23 AEST 1989

In article <91705 at pyramid.pyramid.com> romain at pyramid.pyramid.com
(Romain Kang) writes:
>[`log in' on the tcp uucp port, and then run the g protocol.]
>The potential disadvantage that I see is that the pkcget() stall code
>in 4.3 uucp or the VMIN termio setting in HDB aren't applicable to
>non-tty descriptors like sockets ....

My stall code would work if you somehow set linebaudrate.  The VMIN
code will fail since a TCP connection is not a tty, but my code just
does a select on no file descriptors.

Incidentally, someone really ought to try tweaking the 1/10th second
`guess' I used for the initial `delay since we last got here', now
that UUCP is generally run on something other than a VAX 11/780 with
Able DH/DM devices (which is where I tested it).
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris