NEED HELP LOADING a UNIX SYSTEM 3 TAPE

Debra Steffey dss227 at tijc02.UUCP
Thu Nov 23 00:57:11 AEST 1989

SETUP:  a pdp11/44 with a tu80a tape drive and system 3 UNIX.

the tape is mounted and properly initialized by the tape drive.
at the console the command <boot ms0> is typed in and the tape
is read.  A boot record is read in and then "UNIX tape boot loader"
is continually scrolled on the screen and nothing else happens.

We think the wrong boot record is being read in ,the tu10 record,
we need to have it read in the tu16 record because its the one
supposedly compatiable with the tu80a.

If anyone out there has a similar system we would surely appreciate
any help you could give us.

This is for a system at East Tennessee State University.  We
have 3 sets of tapes and they all do the same thing.