how to pronounce '*'

Dave Weinstein olorin at walt.cc.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 17 02:41:20 AEST 1989

In article <107.UUL1.3#5131 at mvac23.UUCP> thomas at mvac23.UUCP (Thomas Lapp) writes:
>Although I first heard it from 'BMers (beemers aka IBMers), some people
>like to use the work 'bug' to discribe it.  But I grew up with 'star'
>so that's what I like.  Besides, who wants to hear, "All lines which
>are comments need to have a bug in column 1".  Bleche.

	Much as I hate to admit it, the 'BMers are right. After all, a comment
must be clear, easily understandable, and not hide things in unusual ways
(repeat this a thousand times and then go back to coding). So naturally the
bugs in the comments are easily visible and in the first column. That way
you know where they are. It is the rest of the bugs that hide themselves...

--Dave

---
Dave Weinstein             "No one has ever wanted a new computer language.
olorin at walt.cc.utexas.edu   They want an improved Fortran!" -- Chuck Moore
GEnie: OLORIN              Disclaimer: These are my opinions. Find your own.