'lex' with argc > 2 (was Re: Why isn't argv[argc]==(char *)0 ?)

Mike Wescott wescott at Columbia.NCR.COM
Fri Nov 24 14:49:34 AEST 1989

In article <477 at mwtech.UUCP> martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:
> Now my question to all *real* wizards: The man page for 'lex'
> states, that there may be more than one file argument. Besides,
> that this doesn't seem to be of much worth (a rather crude include
> mechanism?), it doesn't work on most system (core dump or worse++).

Not fixed in V.3.2, probably fixed in V.4 by restricting to one input
file.

A patch to fix this and several other lex bugs was posted about a year
ago to comp.bugs.sys5, I'll mail it to anyone that needs it.

I guess that I'm not a wizard since my answer didn't begin with
"It depends ..."
--
	-Mike Wescott
	 mike.wescott at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM