of course!

Richard Tobin richard at aiai.ed.ac.uk
Sun Nov 26 03:10:24 AEST 1989

In article <11674 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>Many implementations have severe constraints on stack size.

Some at least.

>For example, on Gould PowerNode series running UTX-32 (based on 4.3BSD),
>the stack size is fixed at link time, typically only a few kilobytes.
>The three major alternatives are:

(4) Don't buy such machines.  We all know that all the world is not a vax,
    and that we mustn't dereference null pointers, but some machines just
    aren't worth the pain, given that there are plenty of sane systems
    available.  In my opinion, Goulds are among them.

-- Richard

Richard Tobin,                       JANET: R.Tobin at uk.ac.ed
AI Applications Institute,           ARPA:  R.Tobin%uk.ac.ed at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Edinburgh University.                UUCP:  ...!ukc!ed.ac.uk!R.Tobin