Why isn't argv[argc]==(char *)0 ?

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Thu Nov 23 03:00:28 AEST 1989

guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:

>(I.e., unless you have to deal with an archaic UNIX or a Mutant UNIX
>From Hell, you can count on argv[argc] == 0.)

In X/OS, a SYSV/BSD hybrid operating system for the Olivetti LSX
minicomputers, a reference to argv[argc] will make your program dump core.

Pim Zandbergen                                   domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                                  uucp   : ..!uunet!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70                    phone  : +31 70 542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands               fax    : +31 70 512837